We provide strategic consulting services to fit your firm’s needs, whether you are a user, provider or distributor of market data.
- Services for Brokers, Investment Managers, Exchanges and Vendors
- Reconcile general ledger against invoices and contracts
- Identify underused or duplicative services
- Identify users who did not need real-time services or all entitled exchanges
- Take advantage of exchange policies such as MISU or development exemptions
- Assess compliance which saves money when audited
- Competitive product displacement
Client Type: Global Investment Bank
-Market Data Spend Analysis
- Analyzed the market data usage and spending to identify potential cost reduction opportunities.
- Reviewed market data vendor contractual obligations, including termination and renewal dates, usage requirements, early termination penalties, etc.
- Identified current usage and requirements, including under- or non-utilized products and non-essential market data permissions
- Provided comparable vendor product comparisons for required data products where available
- Analyzed vendor product usage to identify potential savings through contractual negotiation where alternative products were not available
- Reviewed the market data inventory and reporting process to identify opportunities for optimization
- Developed total annual savings potential based on viable market data alternative
Client Type: Major US Buy- and Sell-Side Firm
-Market Data Spend Reduction Initiative
- Analyzed over $200M USD in annual market data spend at the business unit, cost center, and user levels to identify quick wins, long-term savings opportunities, and strategic objectives.
- Projected annual savings by vendor across four spend reduction levels for communication at the executive level.
- Worked with business units to execute on savings initiatives identified during analysis phase.
- Reconciled contracts and invoices to identify instances of vendor over-billing.
- Developed firm-wide best practices to ensure long-term benefits of market data spend reduction efforts.
For a list of additional relevant engagements, click here