FIXatdl will help you deliver proprietary algorithmic trading strategies to your clients in a much more timely and cost-efficient manner. As one of the creators of the standard, we have the intimate technical knowledge of FIXatdl necessary to make it work for your firm.
How FIXatdl Works
- In order for their clients to access the latest algorithms, broker dealers rely on third-party vendors to integrate new trading screens into their systems. Most often this is done with custom coding the end result being a new version of the product which needs to be tested and certified before it can be deployed into a production environment.
- FIXatdl is an XML-based markup language that provides the ability to describe everything that may be contained within a typical interface specification document including custom FIX tag numbers, validation rules, minimum and maximum allowable values and conditions that determine whether a custom tag is required or optional.
- Since this information is standardized and machine readable, a buy-side system can take advantage of this by interpreting the instructions within a FIXatdl file and rendering the custom tags on-the-fly without the need for custom coding and testing a method similar to that of web browsers which display documents based on instructions within HTML and CSS files. Without the need for custom software development, algorithms can be deployed with little delay.
Jordan & Jordan Has the Expertise to Bring FIXatdl to Your Firm and Help You Use It to the Fullest Extent
- We have the experience and knowledge to convert your FIX algorithmic interface specification into FIXatdl, regardless of whether you support single, multi-leg or list orders.
- We will make sure your implementation correctly utilizes all the features and functionality provided by the newest release, FIXatdl 1.1.
- We can provide you with the tools that demonstrate how your algorithms will appear and behave when they are embedded within vendors' buy-side trading systems.
- We can work with EMS and OMS vendors on your behalf to assure that your algorithms are properly integrated, tested and certified with their systems.
- We can partner with your development, testing and production teams to assist and give them the knowledge to create, maintain and deploy FIXatdl instances for all your proprietary algorithms and to ensure a smooth transition to the new, efficient workflows enabled by FIXatdl.
For more information on Jordan & Jordan's FIXatdl services, send inquires to Greg Malatestinic, 212-655-2950.